Double Degree Programmes
Please refer to below lists of common/CA courses that supersede ‘Table 1’ in the respective AFG checklists for AY17 - AY19 intakes.
*First offer in AY20/21
Additional course mapping rules for CEG USP students:
- Foundation/First Tier Module: USP Writing & Critical Thinking course (UWC2101%) may be mapped (double-count) to CS2101 Effective Communication for Computing Professionals (AY2014/15 - AY2020/21 intakes)
- Inquiry modules/Advanced Curriculum: CG3002 Embedded Systems Design Project may be recognized as an Independent Study Module (ISM) in the Sciences & Technologies (S&T) domain.
UIS code for CG3002 is UIS3971. Similarly, for AY2017/18 intake and after, CG4002 Computer Engineering Capstone Project can count as meeting one USP ISM (4 MCs).
For CEG students who have withdrawn/are intending to withdraw from USP
Please note: CS2101 Effective Communication for Computing Professionals
- is a requirement for all CEG undergraduates admitted from AY2013/14 - AY2020/21,
- is a co-requisite for CS2103T Software Engineering (i.e. students must read both modules in the same semester),
- will count towards a) Unrestricted Elective (UE) requirements for AY2013/14 intake, and b) Programme/Major requirements for AY2014/15 intake
- must be read on graded basis.
CEG students who complete the USP curriculum may be exempted from CS2101 due to the intensive communications element in the USP modules; such students will read CS2103 Software Engineering (in place of CS2103T).
However, students who drop out of USP (without completing the entire USP curriculum) are required to either:
a) read CS2101 and CS2103T, if they haven’t pass CS2103 prior
b) read ES2331 Communicating Engineering, if they have already passed CS2103.
For CEG AY21/22 intake (and after), please refer to NOC mapping page directly.
Do note that TR3203%/ETP3202% is Not mapped to CG4002 by default. It is subjected to a) approval on a case-by-case basis, After students have returned to NUS, from NOC, and b) if student could justify that the work done during NOC has sufficient engineering contents/technical rigour (equivalent to CG4002).
- CEG mapping rules for NOC (year-long) programmes e.g. NCSV, NCSH, NCNY, etc
CEG intakeTR3201 (8 units)TR3202 (12 units)TR3203% (8 units)AY17/18 - AY20/21 intake
8 units UE 10 units IA AND
2 units TE Breadth
4 units TE Breadth AND 4 units UEAY16/17 intake EE3031 and CG4001 (4 units)* 6-months IA (12 units) CG4001 (8 units)*
- CEG mapping rules for NOC (six-months) programmes e.g. NCSG, NCIS, etc
CEG intakeTR3202 (12 units)Other TR-coded modulesAY17/18 - AY20/21 intake
10 units IA AND
2 units TE Breadth