There have been some updates to the list of CEG Technical Electives; please refer to the master-list at the start of every semester.
21 February 2022:
- Due to curriculum changes for AY2021/22 intake, CG2027, CG2028 and CG2271 will only be offered once in AY22/23, with CG2027n8 in Sem 1 and CG2271 in Sem 2. The recommended schedule for AY2021/22 Poly intake has been revised.
28 February 2020:
- In view that the Minor in Data Engineering will be offered from next AY20/21, a reminder that IT-coded modules Cannot be used to fulfill CEG TE requirements.
2 April 2019:
- IFS4103 Penetration Testing Practice may count as CEG TE Depth (under no particular concentration).
1 February 2019:
- CG3002 (6MCs) will be last offered in sem 1, AY19/20.
- CG4002 (8MCs) will be offered in sem 2, AY19/20 with a cap on enrolment. The recommended schedules for AY2017/18 intake have been revised.
2 January 2019:
- EG4211 Energy Storage Systems for Electric Grids and IFS4102 Digital Forensics (first offered in sem 2, AY18/19) may count as CEG TE Depth (under no particular concentration).
15 May 2018:
With effect from AY2018/19 (August 2018), EE3204 will be recoded to EE4204 Computer Networks (with change in module title and pre-requisite as well). The recommended schedules and FFG checklists (for AY2016/17 intake and after) will be revised in due course.
5 February 2018:
- CG3002 (6 MCs) will be last offered in AY2018/19. Due to lab space constraints, it will be (has to be) offered in both semesters with a cap on enrolment of 90 students per semester.
- Application for ATAP (May - Nov 2018) and IA (June - Dec 2018) are ongoing. CEG2 students (from AY16 direct intake) are reminded to plan ahead and apply for ATAP/IA.
3 January 2018:
- Due to curriculum changes for AY2017/18 intakes, MA1506 will no longer be offered.
Affected students from earlier intakes will read MA1512 Differential Equations for Engineering AND MA1513 Linear Algebra with Differential Equations (to map to MA1506).
- EE2020 (5 MCs) will be last offered in sem 2, AY17/18. EE2024 (5 MCs) will likely be last offered in sem 1, AY18/19.
6 November 2017:
- With effect from AY2017/18, CG2023 will be offered once every academic year, in semester 2 (only).
11 July 2017:
- CS4345 General-Purpose Computation will no longer be offered from AY2017/18.
6 July 2017:
Due to curriculum changes for AY2017/18 intakes, EE2021 will no longer be offered.
Affected students from earlier intakes will read EE2027 Electronic Circuits (to map to EE2021).
- For CEG1 students
Due to limitations of the current situation, the QET on 7 July 2020 will be limited to:
- Students residing in Singapore, e.g. Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents.
- International students who have been informed by the faculties that they are required to take QET1.
All other international students are to take QET November 2020 (the date is to be confirmed).
The test will also be conducted in digital format using Examplify. As such, students are required to register for a compulsory briefing session. Registration for the briefing session starts from 19 June 2020.
For QET1 conducted in July 2020, students who have registered for and attended the briefing will be automatically enrolled for the QET.
For more details, please refer to the QET website: http://www.nus.edu.sg/registrar/academic-activities/registration/academic-related-matters/qet
- For CEG2 students
If you are considering going for Student Exchange Programme (SEP) in Year 3, click here for more information.
20 - 24 weeks industrial attachment - usually scheduled in Year 3 (either semester 1, or semester 2) - is compulsory for students from AY2014 - AY2020 intakes. Click here for more information.
- For new students
Please note the following, if applicable:
- A' level students without 'A' level Physics or equivalent are required to take a bridging module PC1201, in Semester 1. Please email Mr Low Mun Bak (email@example.com) to highlight this (no 'A' level Physics or equivalent) so that the module may be pre-allocated early.
- AY21/22 intake: Please refer to the Calendar of Events for more details.