Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Engineering), BEng(CEG)
Academic Year 2017/18 to 2020/21
|Core Modules *
|CG1111 Engineering Principles and Practice I
|CG1112 Engineering Principles and Practice II
|CS1010 Programming Methodology
|CS1231 Discrete Structures
|MA1511 Engineering Calculus
|MA1512 Differential Equations for Engineering
|MA1508E Linear Algebra for Engineering
|CG2023 Signals & Systems
|CG2027 Transistor-level Digital Circuits
|CG2028 Computer Organization
|CG2271 Real-time Operating Systems
|CS2040C Data Structures and Algorithms
|CS2101 Effective Communication for Computing Professionals 1
|CS2113T Software Engineering & Object-Oriented Programming 1
|EE2026 Digital Design
|EG2401A Engineering Professionalism
|ST2334 Probability & Statistics 2
|CG3207 Computer Architecture OR CS3230 Design and Analysis of Algorithms
|CP3880 Advanced Technology Attachment Programme
EG3611A Industrial Attachment
|CG4002 Computer Engineering Capstone Project
|EE4204 Computer Networks (recoded from EE3204; last offer in AY17)
|CEG Technical Electives
At least 12 MCs of Depth modules
|Total MCs for Programme Requirements
* Please note the semester in which CG-coded modules are offered :
|With effect from
CEG students from AY2018/19 intake to AY2020/21 intake may apply for a Minor in Data Engineering at the end of their second year/fourth semester.
Following a change in modular requirements for AY2019/20 intake and AY2020/21 intake, CEG students who are enrolled/keen in any Second Major programmes or Minor programmes should refer to the respective Host's webpages for the requirements.
CEG students from AY2017/18 intake and AY2018/19 intake who are enrolled in
- Second Major in Business Analytics (BZA) may double-count 16 MCs consisting of CS1010, CS2040C, ST2334 and BT4221 (if taken)
- BZA Minor (Restricted) may double-count 8 MCs consisting of CS1010 and BT4221 (if taken).
[Note: BT4221 can count as CEG TE Depth ONLY for students graduating with Second Major/Minor in BZA.]
- Second Major in Systems Engineering may double-count 16 MCs consisting of CS2113T, ST2334, IE3110R (if taken) and IE4243 (if taken).
[Note: IE3110R can count as CEG TE Breadth while IE4243 can count as CEG TE Depth, ONLY for students graduating with SE Major.]
- Minor in Financial Mathematics should take/pass MA1102R, MA1508E, ST2334, MA3269, QF3101 and ST3131. MA1508E and ST2334 will double-count. Note: MA1511 (2 MCs) has a preclusion with MA1505, so Minor host advised affected students to read MA1102R.
1 : Students should read CS2113T Software Engineering & Object-Oriented Programming and CS2101 Effective Communication for Computing Professionals (twinned modules) in the same semester.
The following groups of students will take CS2113 instead because:
- USP students may read UWC2101% in lieu of CS2101,
- RVRC students may read ES1601 in lieu of CS2101,
- Students who qualify to read the advanced ES1501% Critical Thinking and Expository Writing, may read the module in lieu of CS2101.
Note: UTCP students are (still) required to read CS2101 (and CS2113T).
These students should take ST2132 Mathematical Statistics as a core module in the Second Major in Statistics programme and are strongly encouraged to take ST2132 as an elective in the double degree with Mathematics/Applied Mathematics and Second Major in Mathematics programmes.
If a student has already taken ST2131 but later decides to withdraw from the Second Major in Mathematics/Statistics, he/she will still have to take ST2132 to fulfil BEng (CEG) degree requirements (before the eighth semester, so as not to delay his/her graduation).
Following a change in modular requirements for AY2019/20 and AY2020/21 intakes, affected CEG students pursuing a Second Major in Mathematics/Statistics will still read ST2334.