- There is no deadline for submitting mapping requests but you should submit in advance and allow at least 2 weeks for processing. Please do not submit at the last minute and then push for the approval stating its urgency.
- Do not submit duplicate mapping requests.
- If credits transfer is imperative, you should ensure that mapping is approved before you register for the overseas module(s). Otherwise you might run the risk of not being able to transfer any credits back (if the mapping is not approved).
- You do not have to seek approval for modules that you have no intention of transferring the credits back to NUS e.g. read for enrichment purpose only.
- All modules taken overseas will be excluded from CAP computation should you wish to transfer the credits back to NUS. Please ensure that you do not violate the maximum number of MCs allowed to be excluded from CAP.
- If you wish to map a module to a specific NUS module, do ensure that both modules are similar in content and/or contact hours before submitting a request for mapping approval.
- It is possible to map modules which are not available at NUS. A dummy code will be issued by the approving authority for the approved module if there are no similar modules from NUS to be mapped to. PS: The approving authority at NUS may be determined by the equivalent host department (of module) at Partner University.
- Please provide an English translation where applicable.
- Incomplete application will result in delays in processing.
For students going for Exchange from AY2016/17 (and onwards)
Please login to Education Records System (EduRec) to submit your module mapping requests, via the Module Mapping worksheet. The navigation path is: Self Service -> External Study -> Module Mapping Worksheet.
For students admitted from AY2015/16 and onwards, modules read while on SEP cannot be used to fulfill any of the ULR/GE pillars.
Credits transfer will be processed based on the approved module mappings. Hence, you should complete your module mapping requests before your return. To request for credits transfer, please submit your official transcript from the Partner University, to Ms Diana Wong at SoC Undergraduate Office @ COM1, Level 2, for verification and processing.