There have been some updates to the list of CEG Technical Electives; please refer to the master-list at the start of every semester.
5 February 2018:
- CG3002 (6 MCs) will be last offered in AY2018/19. Due to lab space constraints, it will be (has to be) offered in both semesters with a cap on enrolment of 90 students per semester.
- Application for ATAP (May - Nov 2018) and IA (June - Dec 2018) are ongoing. CEG2 students (from AY16 direct intake) are reminded to plan ahead and apply for ATAP/IA.
3 January 2018:
- Due to curriculum changes for AY2017/18 intakes, MA1506 will no longer be offered. Affected students from earlier intakes will read MA1512 Differential Equations for Engineering AND MA1513 Linear Algebra with Differential Equations (to map to MA1506).
- EE2020 (5 MCs) will be last offered in sem 2, AY17/18. EE2024 (5 MCs) will likely be last offered in sem 1, AY18/19.
6 November 2017:
- With effect from AY2017/18, CG2023 will be offered once every academic year, in semester 2 (only).
11 July 2017:
- CS4345 General-Purpose Computation will no longer be offered from AY2017/18.
6 July 2017:
Due to curriculum changes for AY2017/18 intakes, EE2021 will no longer be offered. Affected students from earlier intakes will read EE2027 Electronic Circuits (to map to EE2021).
3 February 2017:
Due to staff constraint, CG2023 will only be offered once in AY2017/18, in semester 2.
23 January 2017:
Please note the following changes with effect from AY2017/18:
- CG2271 will be offered in both semesters. The recommended schedules for AY2016/17 intake have been revised.
- CG3002 may be offered in both semesters, ONLY IF a minimum enrolment is met.
9 March 2016:For AY2016/17, CG3002 and EE3204 will be offered in both semesters. CG3207 will be offered in semester 1 (only), as an evening module.
8 July 2015:The following changes are applicable for AY2014/15 intake:
24 December 2014:- CS4274 Mobile and Multimedia Networking will no longer be offered from AY2015/16.
6 August 2014:- CP3101C Research in Supercomputing (first offered in sem 1, AY14/15) may count as CEG TE Breadth. Other CP-coded modules will count as UEM.
6 January 2014:- CP3101B Web Programming and Applications (first offered in sem 2, AY13/14) may count as CEG TE Breadth. Other CP-coded modules will count as UEM.
27 December 2013:Please note the following changes
24 October 2013:The following updates are effective sem 1, AY13/14:
The master-list has been updated.
19 July 2013:Please note the following modular credits (MCs) revisions effective sem 1, AY13/14:
16 July 2013:CG2007 and EE3001 will no longer be offered from AY13/14 onwards. Affected students from earlier intakes should take EE2024 (to map to CG2007) and EE3031 (to map to EE3001) in place.
26 March 2013:- From sem 1, AY13/14 onwards, CS3242 and CS3247 will count as CEG TE Breadth.
23 August 2011:- CS3217 shifted from 'Multimedia Processing' to 'Embedded Systems' (Breadth).
Please note the recommended schedules, for students going for Industrial Attachment (IA - 6 or 12 months), have been revised as 'Level 3 Standing' is required to read EE3001 i.e. usually in Year 3. EE3001 may be read as an evening module during IA. [Other recommended schedules not affected.]
If you are not exempted from QET but missed the Nov 2016 session, do refer to the QET site and register for the July 2017 session.
Note: Registration is required and takes place from 27 June – 10 July 2017.
If you are considering going for Student Exchange Programme (SEP) in Year 3, click here for more information.
Six months Industrial Attachment (IA) - usually in Year 3 (either semester 1, or semester 2) - is compulsory for students from AY2014 intake (& onwards). Click here for more information.
Please note the following, if applicable:
All CEG students, who are not exempted from the Qualifying English Test (QET), are strongly recommended to register and take the test on 18 July 2017. This is such, so that students who did not pass QET will be able to take ES1103 in Semester 1 and ES1531 in Semester 3.
CEG students from AY16/17 direct intake should take ES1531 in Semester 2. Pre-requisites of ES1531 as follows: Students must fulfill the University's language requirements before reading ES1531. Students who are required to read ES1000 and/or EAP modules must pass them before taking ES1531.
For more information on QET, please refer to: http://www.nus.edu.sg/registrar/event/registration-qet.html
AY2017/18 intake: QET registration for July 2017 is from 27 June - 10 July 2017.
'A' level students without 'A' level Physics or equivalent are required to take a bridging module PC1222, in Semester 1. Please email Mr Low Mun Bak (firstname.lastname@example.org) to highlight this (no 'A' level Physics or equivalent) so that the module may be pre-allocated early.
AY17/18 intake: Please refer to the Calendar of Events for more details.