There have been some updates to the list of CEG Technical Electives; please refer to the master-list at the start of every semester.
2 January 2019:
- EG4211 Energy Storage Systems for Electric Grids and IFS4103 Digital Forensics (first offered in sem 2, AY18/19) may count as CEG TE Depth (under no particular concentration).
15 May 2018:
With effect from AY2018/19 (August 2018), EE3204 will be recoded to EE4204 Computer Networks (with change in module title and pre-requisite as well). The recommended schedules and FFG checklists (for AY2016/17 intake and after) will be revised in due course.
5 February 2018:
- CG3002 (6 MCs) will be last offered in AY2018/19. Due to lab space constraints, it will be (has to be) offered in both semesters with a cap on enrolment of 90 students per semester.
- Application for ATAP (May - Nov 2018) and IA (June - Dec 2018) are ongoing. CEG2 students (from AY16 direct intake) are reminded to plan ahead and apply for ATAP/IA.
3 January 2018:
- Due to curriculum changes for AY2017/18 intakes, MA1506 will no longer be offered. Affected students from earlier intakes will read MA1512 Differential Equations for Engineering AND MA1513 Linear Algebra with Differential Equations (to map to MA1506).
- EE2020 (5 MCs) will be last offered in sem 2, AY17/18. EE2024 (5 MCs) will likely be last offered in sem 1, AY18/19.
6 November 2017:
- With effect from AY2017/18, CG2023 will be offered once every academic year, in semester 2 (only).
11 July 2017:
- CS4345 General-Purpose Computation will no longer be offered from AY2017/18.
6 July 2017:
Due to curriculum changes for AY2017/18 intakes, EE2021 will no longer be offered. Affected students from earlier intakes will read EE2027 Electronic Circuits (to map to EE2021).
3 February 2017:
Due to staff constraint, CG2023 will only be offered once in AY2017/18, in semester 2.
23 January 2017:
Please note the following changes with effect from AY2017/18:
- CG2271 will be offered in both semesters. The recommended schedules for AY2016/17 intake have been revised.
- CG3002 may be offered in both semesters, ONLY IF a minimum enrolment is met.
9 March 2016:For AY2016/17, CG3002 and EE3204 will be offered in both semesters. CG3207 will be offered in semester 1 (only), as an evening module.
8 July 2015:The following changes are applicable for AY2014/15 intake:
24 December 2014:- CS4274 Mobile and Multimedia Networking will no longer be offered from AY2015/16.
6 August 2014:- CP3101C Research in Supercomputing (first offered in sem 1, AY14/15) may count as CEG TE Breadth. Other CP-coded modules will count as UEM.
6 January 2014:- CP3101B Web Programming and Applications (first offered in sem 2, AY13/14) may count as CEG TE Breadth. Other CP-coded modules will count as UEM.
Please note the recommended schedules, for students going for Industrial Attachment (IA - 6 or 12 months), have been revised as 'Level 3 Standing' is required to read EE3001 i.e. usually in Year 3. EE3001 may be read as an evening module during IA. [Other recommended schedules not affected.]
If you are not exempted from QET but missed the July 2018 session, do refer to the QET site and register for the Nov 2018 session.
Note: Registration is required and takes place from 5-15 Nov 2018.
If you are considering going for Student Exchange Programme (SEP) in Year 3, click here for more information.
Six months Industrial Attachment (IA) - usually in Year 3 (either semester 1, or semester 2) - is compulsory for students from AY2014 intake (& onwards). Click here for more information.
Please note the following, if applicable: