Spend 1 year working at a start-up in Silicon Valley, New York, Beijing, Shanghai or Stockholm, or half-a-year at Israel, Beijing or right here in Singapore, while taking courses at partner universities such as Stanford, Tsinghua etc. This experience sparked the entrepreneurial journey for our Computer Engineering alumni like Lucas Ngoo (co-founder of Carousell) and Wu Wenxiang (co-founder of Zopim)!
In order to obtain the final approval, the student will need to:
For students who started NOC between July 2013 to July 2014 (updated 17 July 2013)
B) Modules hosted by ECE (including CG3207): Complete this form and email to Dr Sahoo (cc Winnie) .
A) Modules hosted by CS (including CG2271): Please click here to submit your module mapping request(s).
Check that you have met the respective pre-requisites for the modules that you intend to map over.
For students who started NCSG in January 2016 (& after) (as of 2 August 2016)
[Apply via Student Information System]
Apply for SUSEP (in semester 2, AY2017/18) by 11 September 2017
CEG students who are keen in SUSEP, are recommended to go for ‘Partial SEP’, so as to be able to take CG3002 at NUS.
Please note the following:
- SEP for CEG students will be administered by SoC UG Office.
- Students are encouraged to choose a destination other than their home country for the exchange.
- Please ensure you have considered carefully BEFORE applying. Some factors include: module mappings, academic calendar of Partner University, language of instruction, financial matters, scholarship obligations, family commitments, etc. DO NOT adopt an ‘apply-first-consider-later’ mentality. Once you have been selected by the School for SEP to a particular university, withdrawal should not be taken lightly.
- Module mapping
1. For instructions on module mapping (SEP/summer programme), please access via ‘Module Mapping’ link on the left panel.
2. You can do as many technical electives as you want while on SEP, and when you are credited with these, they will appear on your transcript. However, regardless of the number of technical electives you did on SEP,
Students from AY2013/14 intake & prior, are required to do at least three technical electives (out of six) at NUS.
Students from AY2014/15 - AY2016/17 intakes, are required to do at least one technical elective (out of three) at NUS.
The reason is that NUS cannot fairly assess your performance to award honours classification when too many technical electives are taken on an ungraded basis (as is the case with technical electives taken during the SEP).
3. You are recommended to propose mapping for either EE3031 or CG3002, so as to ensure a more manageable workload when you returns. Of the two, it is probably easier to propose mapping for EE3031. Unless an equivalent module with close match to CG3002 syllabus is offered at the Partner University, CEG students are strongly encouraged to take the capstone design project at NUS.
4. Your workload during SEP should follow that at NUS i.e. the equivalence of 15 - 25 MCs. Students may list more than five modules in their Study Plan submission; the extra module(s) may be used as alternatives/spare.
5. For previous approved mappings of modules hosted by ECE, refer to ECE SEP site > ‘Past Approved Module Mappings'. The past records only serve as a guide and are still subject to the final approval (again).
- GRO: http://www.nus.edu.sg/iro/prog/isp/index.html
- SoC: http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/undergraduates/beyond_summerwinterprog.html
Guidelines for module mapping:
- After you are accepted for a particular programme AND prior to leaving for the programme (preferably 1 to 2 months prior), seek the approval for the respective module(s) you want to map back.
This is the same process for SEP; refer to the instructions at http://www.ceg.nus.edu.sg/sep/module_mapping/.
- Upon return, submit a copy of your transcript to SoC UG office (COM1-02-19) for credit transfer.
To facilitate the collation of data on students’ extent of overseas exposure, if you had participated or will be participating in any Overseas Enrichment/Educational Programmes (beside SEP and NOC), please complete the form via:
MySOC > Student Services > Overseas Enrichment Programme